Monday, November 9, 2009

Fall Mandala Finished





Above is a picture of the fall Mandala that I finished this weekend. I really like the colors in this one. Red, yellow, orange, that blue the sky turns in the fall and some green as a memory of summer.  I used leaves of various trees. the inner yellow leaf is a Linden, next are Hickory leaves with acorns and maple seeds, next ring out has maple and oak leaves in their fall colors. The leaves in the next partial circle are beech, but I have elongated them a bit, just to have them fit. The last circle has horse chestnut leaves, and seeds with a section of the prickly seed cover.

Now I have to decide if I want to continue this series or play with something else. Actually I am probably going to be too busy with school to do any work like this for a bit but we will see.  I like having a personal project of some kind to work on, something that has a mindless aspect to it.  The design phase of each circle isn't mindless, but once I get the round actually drawn and start on the coloring that gets fairly mindless and is good to do in the evening while watching TV.

I have one more picture for you, this is my latest Illustration drawing, done with crow quill pen, ink and watercolor. I am much happier with this piece. I like the goose and the flowers.  It is a good technique for illustration and hopefully I will be able to do some more flower studies in the future.



That is it for today. I may post my graphic design project when I get it finished, probably Wednesday if I can find the time between writing a paper.

Per usual comments are always welcome.

1 comment: