Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Drawings July 5th long session

It is July and it is HOT here in the Boston area, it was fairly warm at last nights studio session, but I survived it, actually we all survived it. The model last night was the same young woman who modeled at the first short pose session I attended this year. Last night she was wearing her belly dancing costume. As you can see it was a lovely bright red, I think I would call it scarlet. Not going to add a lot of comments today, it is getting too hot. But I will say that I had a very hard time getting her face even close to what she looks like. She is quite lovely to look at but her facial proportions are a bit tricky, long nose, a relatively short forehead, add to that that she wears bangs and things get confusing. I did the colored pencil drawing above second, and manged a bit better with her face, on the graphite drawing below, I don't want to even think about how many times I had to redraw her face before I was even half way satisfied. Still not quite right, but it will have to do.  The only thing that makes me feel a bit better about the trouble I was having is that most of the other artists were also having difficulties.

The colored pencil drawing last night was lots of fun to draw, with the various colored drapes and the color of her costume there were a lot of colors to utilize. Last night there was even someone else working with colored pencils, maybe I will start a trend.


That is it for this post. Comments per usual are welcomed. Hope where ever you are you are staying cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment