Tuesday, November 2, 2010

November 1 Drawing Session


 Above is last nights drawing. I purchased a new block of paper yesterday, lovely heavy weight paper, but I think it is going to take me a few more drawings to get used to the different tooth. This is a whiter paper and I really do like it so hang in there with me while I adjust. We had a good group last night at the session though it seemed to be a night of frustration for several attendee's. I think most of us had issues getting the art work we wanted for various reasons. It has turned chilly, with temps in the 50's vs the warm weather the week before so that might be part of it.  For the most part I am satisfied with this weeks drawing, though her hand could use some more work. Hands are so tricky.

I am working on a couple of other projects but nothing finished or even at a stage where I want to post photos. So I am going to subject you to another photograph. I was up and out of the apt. fairly early yesterday morning, assisting a fellow tenant with a transportation issue (she needed help getting somewhere fairly early in the morning). Once I had finished that mission I ran a couple errands of my own, including purchasing the new paper, and a black Shiva paint stick, then I headed to the local park for a walk and another photography session. The trees are pretty well stripped of leaves, but I managed to find some interesting subjects never the less. Out of the group of photos that I made I have selected the two below to post to the blog.





Yesterday morning we had a clear blue sky, which by days end had turned cloudy and produced the most glorious sunset. The setting sun turned the bottoms of the clouds red. Unfortunately I was on my way to my drawing session without the camera when I realized just how beautiful it was, so no photographs. I am wondering if ash from the erupting Indonesian volcano is the source of colors I saw last night, if so we may be in store for a few more brilliant sunsets. I will try to get some photos if so.

Today besides updating the blog I spent some time selecting and submitting a photograph to Art.com's photography contest. I browsed through a lot of my photographs before selecting a photo that I had taken last spring for my Photography class.  Anyone who has some interesting photographs should take the opportunity to submit a photo. Just follow this link either to submit photos or to view what has been submitted. Note that photographs have to be approved before they will appear on the web site.

That is it for today. I need to get out to vote. Per usual comments are welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment