Friday, March 4, 2011

ATC Owls


I have two more ATC's finished. Eventually there will be three, the number I need for this swap, but at the moment I have just these two. They were both done using pen and ink outlines and colored pencil fill. The one above is based on a photo I found on the internet, but then abstracted so that the result are owls, but not real ones. My attention was caught by the twisted positions of the heads of the owls in the photograph. I thought it would be fun to use that twist as the basis of my illustration. Not sure I am satisfied with how it came out, but it will have to do. 


The second card  above is a more realistic take on owls, four young birds sitting on a branch. Not sure of the species, maybe a snowy owl, but since they aren't fledged I don't know for sure. Out of the two finished I prefer the 2nd one.  Which doesn't mean that I don't see mistakes or things I would correct if I redid the card. Still I think it works so I will leave it.

I have one more to do before I can mail them off. I started the drawing for it last night but it still needs a fair amount of work, hopefully I will have it done by Monday and then can get it in the mail.

A short post today. I think the cards speak for themselves, but I do welcome comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment