Friday, October 19, 2012

Gosling Update and Misc Other Dwg.


Above is an update on my Goslings drawing, not quite done but almost. I am still in the process of tweaking a few things: feathers on the back of the front bird still need work, there needs to be some grass growing in front of them, I need to check values in the grass, and maybe make some changes to the plant in the upper right.

So far so good though and I am happy with how it is turning out. Not sure when or even if I will post the final of this drawing here. It will depend on how different the final looks from this version. Thought it may not be obvious without close examination I expect to spend at least a couple more hours on this drawing before I call it finished.


I have been doing some more stipple work. Here is another bookmark. This one was much faster to do than my last one of the sparrow. Not as much ink work, just the image of a few fern fronds needed to be stippled. These are very stylized drawings, I wasn't even really trying for accuracy here, but since I drew a couple of fern fronds for my Nature Journal I thought it would be fun to play with them for a bookmark. Still have to do the tassel for this one, I have pulled out a bright green embroidery floss to use.  I have also started the stipple work on the flower drawing from my last update, but so far that one doesn't look like much.


Above is my figure drawing from Monday night. Probably one of my last drawings of this model. She and her SO will most likely be moving out of state in the next few weeks. I think she is looking forward to the change, but I know we are all going to miss her.

Not sure how I feel about this drawing, parts I like but other parts I think I could have done a better job on. I admit I was tired that evening, I had spend the afternoon at an Audubon Sanctuary that I don't usually visit,  and walked further than I intended.


From a walk last week in Borderland State Park, Easton, MA. I have a couple of photographs of fall colors. Above is a photo of Silver Maple leaves showing some color. It was a small tree with leaves in sunlight. Since there wasn't a lot of other color that day I made this close up photo.


Not sure what this tree is, maybe a Shag Bark Hickory. Borderland seems to have quite a few of the trees on the property, they grow tall and turn yellow at this time of year. It might also have been some kind of maple or even a Sassafras turning yellow, but Sassafras aren't usually as tall as I remember this tree being. Anyway I think it is pretty yellow/green lit by the sun against the blue sky.

That is it for today, per usual comments are welcome.

5 comments:

  1. I really admire your skill with a pencil. Your drawings are exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to reading more of your articles and posts in the future, so I've bookmarked your blog. When I see good quality content, I like to share it with others. So I've created a backlink to your site. Thank you!…

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone, Lynn I love drawing with pencil, just wish it wasn't quite such an overlooked art form.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Goslings are superb! :) Love your figure sketch too.

    ReplyDelete