Friday, September 26, 2008

Fall Has Arrived and more school dwgs

Yesterday I noticed when I was out doing some errands that the leaves in the trees along the highway are really starting to change color. Looks like they have been paying attention to the calender. I know that isn't true of course, but last week it seemed like only a few leaves were beginning to change and yesterday there were a lot of trees starting to show some color. Peak colors won't be for a couple of weeks, but still, it isn't just the cooler temps telling us fall is here.

School of course has been keeping me busy, but I finally have some finished work from the Color and Design Class, though the color in the title is a bit of a misnomer, since we really won't be working with color in this class, that happens next term. My current project is using one color with black and white, but the beginning projects were all done with just black and white. The pictures are for those two projects. The first is an abstraction from my vegetable drawings done in the first day of class, the second is from the apple with seeds that I finally managed to draw (as an aside I finally had a pear this week that had seeds in it, hmm maybe I will buy another pear and if I find seeds in it I will finish the pear drawing, since I really liked that one)



This is the design study sheet I did for the veggies, I had done a different study first which I didn't like so I went back to basics and did this one. I used the two bottom right images for my final work.


Here is the final veggie study, the one image is an onion, the other a cucumber



Here is the study for the Fruit/Seed Design, I rather like this just by itself so am inking in a copy, not sure yet how it is will turn out. The image I used for the project below was the center square the 2nd row up from the bottom, you can tell it is darker then the rest.


Here is the final drawing for the Fruit/Seed Project. I rather like how it turned out.

Drawing class this week was a challenge we started out viewing slides along with a discussion about negative space and how important it is to draw and pay attention to the space around objects, first it can help you define the shape of an object more accurately, but it can also be a pleasing shape in and of itself. Then we went on to our drawing. The instructor had us cover our paper with soft charcoal and then using an eraser we had to draw the objects at hand. One was a limp plant (limp because it was wilting, even though it was in water), then I did a chair, and last I worked on a bicycle. The bicycle was the hardest of the lot, and I didn't really finish it. I had a hard time getting some of the relationships right.

Plant, as you can see the poor thing was wilting even though it was in water.


Chair #2, I rather like this one, at least it looks like a chair


Bicycle #3, handlebars aren't quite right, but it was the end of class so...

My last image is my homework assignment, no not the shoes, I will hopefully get them up later this weekend, this was the one I turned in this week, the assignment was to draw our desk, I don't have one, so did the table that I use as a desk instead, course it is in the kitchen so has all sorts of stuff on it.

Homework assignment #2

Comments are welcome for any who wish to post them, if just to let me know you are visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment