Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring Break

This past week has been spring break for us at school so no classes. That doesn't mean there was no homework. All of the instructors gave homework, but only one really loaded it on. So instead of playing and visiting museums or doing other fun stuff, like getting my Challenge quilt finish for the FFFC group I have been working on homework. That includes writing a paper about a Non-profit organization that I will be doing a logo redesign for, I have chosen Mass Audubon. I have also been collecting pictures and images so I can do 10 sketches before Monday, and now today I have been looking to see if I can find a poem or some words that relate to the word BIAS to put on the poster. Any comments or suggestions about that would be appreciated.

Right at the moment I am feeling very discourage about my Graphic Design class which most of this work is for. I have found images, and taken pictures, but have no idea what I am going to be sketching for my poster design. He wants detail drawings and there is no way I will have ten detail drawings done by Monday. I will try to have 10 drawings, but how detailed is a huge question. I spent all day yesterday trying to get the paper written. Can I say I am a slow writer. It is four pages long and I am now struggling to do the bibliography since he didn't tell us which style of notation he wants us to use I am just guessing. This isn't what I went back to school for I can tell you that

For my Color and Design class my homework was to draw 7 structures using one point perspective on hot press board with ink. I do have mine done, but I took the picture yesterday when we had overcast sky so the picture isn't all that good. Still I think you can see what I have done. Not very exciting, but as the Instructor says we will never forget how to do one point perspective after this.



Thats it for this week, next week I will be back in class and have some drawings for you. I also hope to have finished my Challenge quilt. Don't hold your breath on that one though, too much homework will get it the way of that I fear. Though I have made progress with it I still have a lot of hand embellishing I want to do and that takes time.

No comments:

Post a Comment