Monday, June 15, 2009

Drawings Mid June

Well so much for working from my Nature Drawing book. This last week I allowed myself to digress. Not so much tired of nature drawing but the next study I am supposed to do is a flower detail study and I wasn't in the mood to go out and get flowers. I could have used the cyclamen blossoms but didn't want to use those either so I went back to working from photo's I have saved out of magazines for the purpose of being drawn.

First is a portrait of an Asian man from a National Geographic article. I Spent a lot of time on this one and like how it turned out. But I had to do a lot of rework, so I can tell I am out of practice and really should be doing more portrait studies.


Next I did this sketch of a horse and rider, the original picture was an Ad for something, and included another horse and rider. I was using a harder lead for this so the image is a bit faded.
I don't think I quite have the proportions right on the front of the horse and I know that front hoof isn't quit right. But I didn't want to spend more time on it.


Last image is another sketch, this one of a man and a wolf. He is obviously someone who is studying wolves, I believe this is from a Smithsonian Magazine Article. I didn't spend a lot of time on his face which if I want to make this a bit better I will go back and do. However I sort of like the sketchiness of the wolf head in his arms so I don't want to rework it too much.



So not a lot of drawings this past week, instead I have been working on a FFFC Yahoo group challenge quilt. Have it quilted at this point, but it needs some hand embellishments and binding. Hopefully later this week it will be finished and I will get pictures and upload something to the blog about it.

Per usual comments are welcome.

2 comments:

  1. Your drawings are beautiful! All if them! But I especially like your Asian man and the squirrels (I looked at several posts).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The squirrels turned out better then the chipmunks, I think I was paying more attention. Should do more chipmunk drawings, since I was able to photograph one the other day when I was on a walk I have no excuse. Thanks for looking

    ReplyDelete