Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Bookcovers & Mandala's

Well it is done, above is my book cover as I submitted it for my Graphic Design project - I had my usual hard time getting the text even semi correct - this is semi correct. Dickens name should really be larger as he is a well known author of a series of books. However he is dead so I know he won't complain, and the slightly smaller font looks better. Never thought about it before but that tendency of book publishers to make the authors name either larger or at least as large as the book title when they become famous must ruin a lot of book cover designs. Not sure how I feel about  this one. It is OK, I guess, the church windows could use more work, and I don't think I have quite got the tombstones color right in the cemetery. But I don't think I am going to do any further work with it at this point.

We are moving on with our next project which is to design a resume portfolio package. I have to say it is fairly discouraging, at least the resume part, as I have no art resume. I should have been trying to do more Intern type work - but even with just 3 courses I knew that I wouldn't be able to do my best work for my classes if I had tried to take on more outside tasks. Ah well, I just have to find the right venue for my skills.

I have been working on my Intaglio prints but don't really have anything to show just yet, maybe next week. But I do have another mandala finished. No clue what I am going to do with these they aren't really marketable but I am sure having fun doing them. This one has an Egyptian theme and of course right now I rather like it.

On a slightly different subject, I have the opportunity to enter 3 pieces into a Student Show at school, I am open to suggestions as to which pieces you think I should enter. Everything I have been doing has been posted to the blog or is on my Portfolio Web site - except for a few more recent pieces. So suggestions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment