Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Augus 9 Figure Drawing

Above is the pencil drawing from last nights long pose session. I rather like this one and feel it is better then I have been doing the last few weeks. I was beginning to get annoyed with myself and how I was doing on Monday nights so I decided I needed to do more drawings during the week. I pulled out my sketchbook from a couple of years ago and have been adding pages. Nothing fantastic, a landscape sketch of the Cape Cod Canal, from my visit down there last Wed. I was looking for some cooling breezes and found them. The canal area was very windy, and after I did the sketch I just sat on a bench and read for a while. It isn't a very good or detailed drawing but at least it was something. Next evening I drew a kitten from a downloaded internet photo and managed to draw a couple more in the next 3 days.

Next is the colored pencil drawing I did, and I am not so happy with this one, the head is a bit too small, other wise I like this drawing.  Ah well, I knew it wasn't right and did try to correct it, but didn't make enough of a change to really correct the problem. It is really hard to make that kind of correction once I start laying in the colors.


Oh well there is always next week, in the meantime I am slowly making progress on my challenge piece. In the past week, freezer paper patterns got made, cut out, ironed to fabrics, fabrics were cut out and attached together with a white glue. Yesterday I got it sandwiched and now for the sewing/quilting part to put it all together. I am hoping to work on it today, though it is pretty muggy and I am not sure I want to sit at the sewing machine. Oh well I would really like to get this done this week so we will see.

Friday is the start of the Lowell Quilt Festival, well actually the start is Thursday night, but I don't really count receptions and such, so for me the first day is Friday. It runs through Sunday, though I think I will try to make it on Friday, or then again maybe I will wait for Sat. Parking is easier on a Sat. since there aren't any Office workers around. Lots to see and do at the Festival so I will make a full day of it. Maybe I will have some pictures, though I don't really like making pictures of quilts. I really do my own thing with my work so even though I enjoy looking I don't need/want to be reminded.

Well that is it for today. Need to get off here and go work on some of my various projects. Per usual comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment