Tuesday, October 12, 2010

October 12th Drawing plus


Last nights drawing is above. At least this week I was able to take a reasonably good picture of it. We have sun after a cloudy start so I was able to get enough natural light to make this weeks photos. I updated last weeks drawing at the same time. Much better color. I don't think I have any comments on it this week drawing. There are always things I would change if I could, but for the most part I am relatively satisfied with how this came out.

One thing all these weekly sessions have done for me is to give me more confidence that I can tackle more complex drawings successfully.  I almost feel ready to draw images with more then one figure in them. Not that I haven't done it before, but when I did I was sort of holding my breath to see if I could actually pull it off. The way I know is when I am doing sketches for the sketchbook or even for the ATC designs, what I am imagining is far more complex then what I would have tackled in the past.

Speaking of ATC designs, I really like the last one that I displayed last week so I decided to scale it up and redo it at a larger size. The result is below. The back ground is still stippled, but I used different patterns, and there are more hearts than what I did for the original design. The finished size of this piece is 6 X 9 inches, and like the card was done with black ink and colored pencils. I used a technical pen for the stippling.

Linked Hearts
 My last image for you this week is another ATC. This one was done only in black and white, I used a technical pen for the stippling after drawing the design in pencil. The design is somewhat based on some Art Nouveau clip art books that I have. This was sort of fun to do and I may do more. While this doesn't have hearts as such it does have heart shaped leaves so I suppose I am continuing along the same lines that I have been working.

ATC 0012
That is it for today's post. In the past week I have been out to various MA Audubon sites making photographs, the fall colors aren't as good as they have been in the past, but I am still getting some color. I may post some photographs later in the week. I have also been working on the latest challenge quilt and making progress. The pieces need some heat setting then I need to start assembling the final sandwich and quilting. So far I am pleased, but who knows how it will turn out in the end. Per usual comments are welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment