Saturday, July 23, 2011

Heat Wave?


It's hot, OK, I know compared to the rest of the US we have had cool (relatively) weather so far this summer, but this past week the heat in the rest of the country caught up to us. Temps have been in the 90's and even up to 100 degrees in some communities. I don't have AC so have to find other ways to deal. One way is to sit in front of a fan. Makes it hard to do any art work so that is the reason why there is only one blog update this week.

The above pen and ink drawing isn't quite done yet. I am going to add color to it, but need to wait until I can find a morning cool enough that I don't have to sit in front of a fan to do it. I am not sure where this came from. I had a piece of hot press watercolor paper marked with a square and a pen so I just started drawing. The hearts came first then the "shells" then the drops. Done with stipple using my technical pens. The weather is supposed to be cooler tomorrow so hopefully I will have a colored update for you next week.


Our Monday night life sessions started up again last Monday. Above is my effort. ACK, 2 weeks off has not been good for me, though I did do those portrait studies that first week off. Wouldn't know I had done that work from the above drawing. She looks human, which is nice, but she doesn't look like our Monday night model. Not to mention that I think I have her head a bit too small. Well I can try again this coming Monday and hopefully do a better job. The only thing that makes me feel a bit better is that the other attendees were having issues also so I wasn't alone.

This is going to be short, with the heat I haven't been out photographing so no new pictures. I did make a few last Sunday when I visited a friend so we could go see the last Harry Potter Movie (it's OK, not the movie I wanted to see but OK) but I didn't make anything that I want to share so that will also have to wait for another posting. In the meantime comments are always welcome, and thanks for looking. If you are in the States stay cool if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment