Tuesday, November 16, 2010

November 15 Drawing & ATC


Above is last nights drawing. The model is a lovely woman, and I am not quite sure that I did her justice. I was semi pleased with it last night, worked some minor changes this morning and then photographed it, only to realize when I was looking at the photograph that I had placed one eye incorrectly. ACK, well I have corrected it as best I could but it isn't as good as it could/should be. Obviously it will have to do as there is only so much reworking I can manage.

I wasn't drawing well last night, I am going to blame it on being tired. Since the time change I am not getting quite as much sleep at night as I should, I usually have an afternoon nap but didn't manage one yesterday. Ah well there is always next week.

We didn't have our usual group at the session last night, not quite sure why. Only one other regular besides myself and Scott, though we did have a new woman join us. I gather she is a student of an artist in the rear building. I hope she comes again, but one never knows I don't think she was pleased with how she was doing. I just hope she realizes that in order to become good at drawing you have to make a lot of bad drawings first.

Next is the ATC I worked on this weekend.


The designs are based on the ones I am using in a larger pen and ink work, but that one isn't even close to being ready for display here. The dragonfly is my drawing, based on reference photographs. The flower and leaves are based on some designs in a Dover Art Nouveau booklet. In the larger work the dragonflies are in the corners, and the flower in the middle border.

I am also plugging away on my challenge quilt, got some more work done on it yesterday so I am making progress. That is it for today. Per usual comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment