Tuesday, March 8, 2011

March 8th Drawings and ATC


Above is last nights drawing. I think it works though I am not totally happy with the face this week. Ah well there is always something, good thing there is always next week so I can try again. Still it was a good evening. There wasn't a crowd, but it was good group of artists, mostly the regulars, which I have become one of after so many months. 

I have two more images today. The first is my third owl ATC.


I believe this is a great horned owl. They are certainly majestic birds. Not sure I quite did justice to him, but it isn't bad so it got sent with the first two off to Australia yesterday. At least I hope it is on its way to Australia, the postage didn't seem to be as high as I would have thought it would be. The House swap ATC's are in the mail back to me. I am looking forward to seeing what I receive for my four. The owl was done using my preferred technique of outlining the objects with a pen and then filling in with colored pencil.

Last drawing for today is a quick something I did for the Sketchbook Challenge. The theme for March is Spilling Over, so here we have the words spilling over, as in becoming a waterfall.


The above was just play, starting with the words and embellishing. I used Zig Millennium colored pens for this page. Strange to say I don't find these colors very satisfying, one reason why I don't use them very often. The green is too blue, and I don't have an orange. I did purchase a packaged assortment so it is possible they have other colors that could be purchased separately. Maybe I will check it out the next time I am in the Art Supply Store.

That is it for today. I am going to post some photographs I made last Saturday at Houghton's Pond on my Facebook Fan page. They show the reduced snow piles that were left after our week or so of warmer weather. Good thing I went then because the rain we had Sunday through yesterday morning has pretty well taken care of what was left. Not totally, some of the really huge mounds of snow still have remnants, but for the most part the ground is now clear of snow for the first time since last year.

Per usual comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment