Monday, May 2, 2011

May Day


I don't usually do a Monday Blog update, but yesterday was May 1st and I was out making photographs to document the progress spring is making here in the Northeast. So I thought I would share a few. All were made in different sections of the Blue Hills Reservation area. The above is just trees, but I love the colors and shapes of the leafing trees against a blue sky.


A photograph of the area outside the Food Pavilion at Houghton's Pond.


I photographed this Magnolia a week ago when the blooms were just buds, yesterday it was in full bloom. You can see some of the petals have been damaged by our recent rain storm. I think the pink/white is so beautiful against the blue sky. The young tree is in the picnic area at Houghton's Pond, Blue Hill's, Milton, MA.


A last image, an unknown type bush blooming against the backdrop of Hougton's Pond, Blue Hills, Milton, MA. Other than cropping these photos they have not been altered in any manner.  Comments welcome, tomorrow's post will be back to my art.

No comments:

Post a Comment