Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fools - Snow


Above is a photo of what I woke up to this morning. It is still spitting a bit, but I think right now we are getting mostly rain so I don't expect the snow around me to last all that long. But I have to say that Mother Nature is pulling a not very nice April Fool joke on a lot of folks here in the Northeast. Thankfully where I live isn't getting the brunt of this storm. Up north of me they are expecting at least a foot of this heavy white stuff and the're already reports of power outages caused by tree limbs falling on wires. Hard to believe it is April and that spring even here in the Northeast should be just around the corner. Course I expect the skiers are thrilled.

As a contrast to last week where I was getting a lot done, this week I seem to be in slow motion. I did managed to finish the drawing below:




The drawing is of three peppers, one red, one green and one yellow. I drew the peppers in pencil first, added ink and then added the color by using watercolor pencils. I do have tube watercolors but haven't quite gotten brave enough to pull them out to use. Maybe I will get brave enough to try after a little while longer. In the meantime I am having fun layering color by first drawing in one color, wetting it with a brush, allowing it to dry and then applying a different color lightly over the base color. I then wet the area a second time. This allows me to add shadows and other tints. I rather like how these came out and will probably be doing more veggies, or maybe even fruit.

Otherwise my time has been taken up by my Esty shop where I have been adding a new section to sell my recent drawings. It takes more time then one might expect to add items to the shop, and I can only hope that eventually I will see some sales.  I have also been watching what my fellow FFFC group members have been doing with the latest challenge. So far I have not been motivated to create my own response. Well that is it for today. Per usual comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment